Tuesday, August 24, 2010

All Natural....Aluminum Free Deoderant Recipe

So me trying to find the perfect deodorant came about in 2 ways, first my boyfriend kept having allergic reactions to every deodorant he tried, even natural ones! His underarms would turn bright red, get chapped, peel and were pretty painful. Secondly, I'm from Florida and it can get pretty hot in Florida so I needed something that would work! Also, if you do some research on antiperspirants and deodorants you will find tons of information about how aluminum is really harmful for your body. It has been linked to Alzheimer's disease and possibly breast cancer. Your underarms are a super sensitive part of your body and by putting deodorant/antiperspirant on, all those chemicals are absorbed by your lymph nodes and carried through your bloodstream. Yuck!
I came across the blog: Bonzai Aphrodite about a year ago and she often lists some great DIY, natural recipes, and one happened to be for deodorant. I think it wasn't until March that I finally got sick of my boyfriend trying every deodorant and still having problems so I thought I would give her natural, homemade recipe a shot. I made it and love it!! My boyfriend has no more problems with his underarms! We both went camping one weekend and we didn't reapply the deodorant the whole trip (over 48hrs) and we still did not smell! I recommend this recipe to everybody. I have made some for my friends and family and they all love it as well. It smells great and keeps you smelling great! It actually amazes me how well it works. It doesn't say in her recipe but definitely purchase the baking soda and corn starch from a health food store, I think regular baking soda has aluminum in it. So anyways here is the link to the recipe: http://bonzaiaphrodite.com/2009/08/natural-homemade-deodorant/

Let me know if you try it and how it works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment