Monday, August 30, 2010

Dry hair remedies

So a lot of women that I know have a problem with dry hair... I do too. I have done 2 basic things for a few years to try to control this issue. First, I don't wash my hair everyday, unless I really need to and second, when I do wash my hair I put the conditioner in and than put a shower cap on and continue with my shower. I then rinse my hair right before getting out. I have also herd that doing a final rinse with cold water at the end closes the hair follicle and creates shinier hair, but I have never really noticed a difference on this one. Sometimes our hair needs a super conditioning treatment so here are 2 natural ones that I have found.

This recipe from "Homemade how to make hundreds of everyday products fast, fresh and more naturally" by Reader's Digest
says to use 1/2 ripe avocado and 1/4 cup of coconut milk, or as needed
Mash the avocado and mix in the coconut milk until it forms a thick gel-like substance.
Apply to clean hair and comb through. Leave on for 10-15 minutes and than rinse.

The second recipe also calls for an avocado but this time mixed with mayonnaise. See the link below. I love avocados!

DIY Organic Hair Remedies: Deep Conditioning Mask - Planet Green

No comments:

Post a Comment